Tuesday 28 July 2015

Taking a short break....

I haven’t been keeping up with my blogging schedule at all. One of my previous posts was about balance and, to be honest, I am still struggling. I want to do everything but I have limited time and energy. I need to focus on my two main priorities.. and these are my own pain management commitments and my family. Here is why. For the past few months, I have been on a pretty good routine first thing in the morning. I wake up and do a body scan meditation and my stretches/exercises before the kids get up. Well....we have just welcomed a new puppy into our household and it’s like we have a new baby all over again. So that has changed how this routine has been working. I am adapting it as we go to accommodate him as he is learning to be an inside dog! He will be a good helper in motivating me to do my daily walks too but that is once he learns how to walk on a lead without pulling my arm off! I have been taking on too many commitments and my body is giving me some subtle (and not so subtle) signs that I need to slow down a little. It’s taken me such a long time to develop this self awareness so I dare not listen. Without going into too much detail, I feel I need to be more accessible to my family at the moment. My eldest is going through a trying stage, figuring out a sense of her authentic self. To ensure I am giving her all the love and support she needs, I want to be as available as I can. We are a strong family unit of 4 (oops sorry, 5 now with the dog!) and I am dedicated to giving to them all I can to support, love and nurture them through this time. A while back someone suggested a good method for determining priorities in life is to imagine what you would like people to say about you in a eulogy. And it’s not morbid. It’s actually a calming and centring thought. And high on my list is that my kids would say I was a good mum. Simple as that. The problem is, after these two priorities, I am really enthusiastic and committed to this new business I have started. I want to help other people with chronic pain realise they do not have to suffer. They can avoid the years of suffering I experienced if they had a little education about the things that work...and if they are willing to take on some responsibility. But my time is precious and I need to ensure I have my priorities right. I want to manage my pain and be there for my family. So I am going to need to be slightly less active for the next little while with my blogging and updates. I am not going to totally disappear and I have planned a few guest posts over the next little while to continue to inform and inspire. So, I hope you can understand and please stay with me. I need you too... so please, don’t disappear. I’ll be back. Gentle virtual hugs to you all. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment